Existing members - Please select the 're-enrol' button below to enable you to keep receiving our newsletter.
Because of the changes in data protection and the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), we have to ask EVERYONE to re-enrol to stay on our membership list. Without this, we will lose you as a member, and you cannot receive our newsletter:(
See some of the people below who make the EDKPA what it is today...
So what do we do?
- We pay for Information and Advice Service with Exeter CAB - this cost approx. £6,000 per year. We do this as we have no social worker and patients can now get the best advice on benefits etc. Jill Baines (transplant patient) helps out in making the appointments and will accompany patients when they go to CAB (she is unpaid)
- Ria Taylor's (CKD Clinical Nurse Specialist and Renal Young Adult/Transition Nurse) we pay part of her salary - approx. £8000 per year.
- Recently and for a 12-month period we are paying and supplying snacks for patients on Sid ward to have with their morning cuppa - approx. £50 per week.
- We provide and replace televisions/remotes on the units - there are approx. 36 (Sid ward-Heavitree-Honiton-Barnstaple-Torbay).Remotes alone cost approx £1000 per year, including a rolling schedule of replacements (the NHS do not pay for televisions).
- The newsletter and website. The newsletter is our main means of communicating with our members. Whilst we have cut costs as far as possible by sending this out by email some members still prefer hard copies with the additional costs that involves.
- Social, fundraising and raising awareness events: For example, the summer party, organ awareness week and numerous other events.
- One-off purchases and grants e.g. the purchase of dialysis machine and other essential hospital equipment.
- EDKPA Secretary. An invaluable service to our members both in organisational terms and often being the first point of contact for anyone wanting to be in touch.
- Subsidised trips- e.g. weekend/day trips and trips to the pantomime.
- Lottery. Now generating funds for the EDKPA.
- We provide financial support members taking part in the transplant games (4 this year)
- We pay for an interrupter for a young deaf boy to take part in the annual activities weekend £350 (That is half the cost, Kidney Care pay the other half.
- We have a fund which we can help patients quickly.