The EDKPA is here to support you

If you're new to sialsis, we'd recommend talking with your doctor of unit nurse about the options. There are some useful links below which have good advice about type of dislysis, and whether to go ahead or not. 


For a good oversight, see the Kidney Research page here


Kidney Research also have an excellent booklet 'Dialysis: making the right choices for you'. You can order it here (we are waiuting for multiple copies to be made avaibale).


You can also obtain support via Citizen's Advice (Exeter) the National Kidney Federation and Kidney Care UK. See leaflet for information. 

EDKPA Advice and Information Leaflet
EDKPA advice leaflet 2021.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [316.7 KB]

We also have a specialised link with the Citizen's Advice Bureau which is funded by the EDKPA specifically for EDKPA patients. Help is available in a number of ways


            Benefits – what is available for renal patients                Financial Help

            Employment                                                              Help with holidays


If you would like to be referred into the Citizen's Advice or need general advice, please contact our secretary  Jean Aplin on 01884  254260 or via this site.